- 1 What is the difference between a size 1 and size 5 soccer ball?
- 2 What size is a JR soccer ball?
- 3 Is there a size 6 soccer ball?
- 4 What age do you start using a size 5 soccer ball?
- 5 Is there a size 2 soccer ball?
- 6 What is the best soccer ball?
- 7 What is the smallest size soccer ball?
- 8 What are size 1 soccer balls used for?
- 9 What is full size soccer ball?
- 10 How tall is a size 5 soccer ball?
- 11 What is the difference in sizes of soccer balls?
What is the difference between a size 1 and size 5 soccer ball?
Soccer ball dimensions can vary by league and purpose. There are four different soccer ball sizes, with 1 being the smallest and 5 being the largest. Each have their own dimensions, as seen in the graphic below, and each are used best for a specific drill, age group or league.
What size is a JR soccer ball?
Size 3 soccer balls, also known as junior soccer balls, are recommended for ages 8 and younger. Size 3 balls measure 23-24 inches in circumference (58.5-61 cm) and weigh approximately 300-320 grams. Size 3 soccer balls are the smallest ball size used in competitive play.
Is there a size 6 soccer ball?
Introducing the first ever: SIZE 6 Soccer Ball! Your are going to love it! According to conservative FIFA estimates, over 270 million people play soccer worldwide.
What age do you start using a size 5 soccer ball?
In general, here are the appropriate sizes for age groups: Size 5 (Adult/Professional): U12 and up ( ages 12 and older ), 27-28 in/68-70 cm circumference. Size 4 (Youth): U8-U12 (ages 8-12), 25-26 in/63.5-66 cm circumference. Size 3 (Junior): U8 and down (ages 8 and younger), 23-24 in/58.5-61 cm circumference.
Is there a size 2 soccer ball?
Size two soccer balls are rarely used because they are so close in circumference to size one. If you’re looking for a ball for someone younger than four years old, a size one ball will do the trick. Size 5 soccer balls are the standard soccer ball size for ages 12 and older all the way up to professionals.
What is the best soccer ball?
Top 9 Professional Match Soccer Balls
- Bend-It Reverse-Curl Official Match Soccer Ball.
- Adidas MLS Top Glider.
- One World Soccer Ball.
- Adidas miCoach Smart Soccer Ball.
- Mikasa Serious Soccer (SS Series) Ball.
- Mikasa SX 50 Indoor Soccer Ball.
- Tachikarra SS32 “Soft Kick” Indoor Ball.
- Select Beach Soccer Ball.
What is the smallest size soccer ball?
Soccer Ball Basics
- Size 3 balls are the smallest balls and are generally used for children under the age of 8.
- These balls are generally 23-24 inches in circumference and weigh between 11-12 ounces.
What are size 1 soccer balls used for?
Size 1 soccer balls, also known as mini soccer balls or skills balls, are used to improve footwork or just for fun. Size 3 soccer balls are the smallest official ball and used during matches for children under the age of 8. Size 4 soccer balls are used during matches for children between the ages of 8-12.
What is full size soccer ball?
Regulation size and weight for a soccer ball is a circumference of 68–70 cm (27–28 in) and a weight of between 410–450 g (14–16 oz). The ball should be inflated to a pressure of 0.6 and 1.1 bars (8.7 and 16.0 psi) at sea level. This is known as “Size 5”.
How tall is a size 5 soccer ball?
Size 5 Soccer Balls (Footballs) have a diameter of 8.6”-9” (22-23 cm) and circumference of 27”-28” (68-70 cm). The mass of a Size 5 Soccer Ball is between 14-16 oz (400-450 g) with a pressure between 8.5-15.6 psi (58.6-107.6 kPa).
What is the difference in sizes of soccer balls?
Here are the 3 sizes of youth soccer balls that are made for kids to play with during live soccer matches. A size 5 is for 13 year olds and up. A size 4 youth soccer ball is for 8-12 year old players. A size 3 soccer ball is for under 8 year olds.